A new barbecue restaurant is coming to the base of a Jersey City apartment building, under one of several recent Hudson County retail leases by Grid Real Estate.
The operator, Boots & Bones, is taking 7,000 square feet at 116 Newark Ave. The business reportedly is backfilling the former space of another restaurant as part of a new crop of eateries.
Grid’s Bobby Antonicello Jr. brokered the lease, one of 16 third- and fourth-quarter deals announced by the firm this week. The transactions total more than 50,000 square feet, comprising new fitness clubs, restaurants, organic markets and medical offices across Hudson County.
“At Grid, brokerage is not just plugging vacancy for our clients, it’s digging a little deeper to find a tenant that will add value to the neighborhood and at the same time pay top dollar,” Grid’s Gregory D. Edgell said.
“We take the art of placemaking very seriously as our roots go back decades in Jersey City. There is still so much pent-up demand from COVID and, with all the residential leasing coming to the area, retailers are looking to capture that new audience.”
As the firm noted, a majority of the deals are in new construction projects such as KRE Group’s Journal Squared, Ironstate Development’s 100 Monitor and BLDGup’s 333 Flats. Grid represented both the landlord and tenant in all transactions, which also include:
- 1,800 square feet at Journal Squared, 615 Pavonia Ave. in Jersey City, by Apotheco
- 4,000 square feet at 338 Newark Ave. in Jersey City by Gorrilas
- 1,500 square feet at 116 Newark Ave. in Jersey City by Basile’s Pizza
- 3,000 square feet at 295 Johnston Ave. in Jersey City by Ghost Truck Kitchen
- 10,000 square feet at 1 Exchange Place in Jersey City by One Oncology
- 3,500 square feet at Journal Squared, 615 Pavonia Ave. in Jersey City, by Jag Physical Therapy
- 5,400 square feet at 529 Third St. in Union City by Union City Cross Fit
- 1,800 square feet at 333 Newark Ave. in Jersey City by Jane Doe
- 2,750 square feet at 506 Central Ave. in Jersey City by Gabriel’s Organic Market